100% Owned Chibougamau Copper Gold Projects
All Projects are accessible off of Highway 167 near Lac Chibougamau. All available for JV, Option or Sale - Technical reports available under CA
"VanadiumCorp is confident that the Chibougamau camp holds exceptional opportunity for world-class mineral discoveries. Deep exploration in the Chibougamau district is relatively un-applied when compared to the renowned Sudbury, Timmins, Kirkland Lake, Noranda, Bousquet, and Cadillac districts where significant deeper extensions to resources have been made in recent decades, compels VanadiumCorp's team to feel the Chibougamau camp provides an even further advantage. Field-testing of VanadiumCorp's theories and model for the region, have been ongoing and the company is confident in carrying forward its multi-year exploration and development plans for the region"
The primary targets for VanadiumCorp's exploration at Chibougamau is near-surface significant mineralization and indicators of potential mineralization at depth. The latest techniques and technologies will be utilized throughout the programs. A recent marked increase in exploration activity in the Chibougamau region is confirmation that VanadiumCorp is not alone in identifying the merits of this exciting, historical copper-gold mining district.
Historic Chibougamau Mines
Icon Copper-Gold Mine
Former producing mine - Located at the south end of Lake Mistisinni, the Icon Project is comprised of a number of strategically assembled claims covering the former producing Icon Copper-Gold mine.
Here are some key points about this former producing mine:
- The ICON SULLIVAN copper mine operated from 1968 to 1975, producing 2.1 million tonnes of ore containing an average grade of 1.95 % Cu.
- Consists of 8 claims totaling more than 440ha
- 65km north of Chibougamau, Quebec, in the Abilibi gold belt
- Extensive underground workings, drilling data, and drill ready geophysical anomalies showing possible extension on of the original resource
Cornerback Copper-Gold Project
Surrounds the CBAY Cornerbay Mine - Located at the south end of Chibougamau Lake, the key CornerBack claim package surrounds the mine formerly run by Campbell Resources as a producing mine.
Here are some key points of this very promising property:
- Cornerback property consists of 101 claims entirely surrounding former producing Corner Bay mine
- Cornerbay mine has been maintained since it's last closure anticipating re-opening with rising copper and gold prices; full operational producing mine infrastructure is in place and operationable
- Well defined drill ready strong ground based pulse EM geophysical anomalies showing a westward continuation of the known resource at Corner Bay mine
- Ground based pulse EM geophysical anomalies showing areas of interest to the north-east and south of the property. The entire ring of claim properties around the mine has been surveyed with ground based geophysics by Crone
- The former producing Corner Bay (Copper-Rand) has over 70 years of history, exploarion work, mine planning, and production statistics available on Campbell Resources' NI 43-101 report
Figure 1: Ground pulse EM anomaly on western PZ grid - Cornerback property
Letter from: Patrick Houle, Eng.
Northern Québec Regional Geologist
Ministère des Ressources naturelles et de la Faune du Québec
Since 1953, the Chibougamau Mining District, which includes the Chapais Mining Camp, the Chibougamau Mining Camp and the Desmaraisville sector, has been developed quickly and about thirty mines were in operation producing more than 74 millions tons of ore giving 1,3 million tons of copper, 133 tons of gold, 700 tons of silver, 115 000 tons of zinc and 4 400 tons of lead. Historically, it was the most important producer of copper on Eastern Canada, from 1960 to 1972.
Today, the Chibougamau Mining District still has an excellent geological potential to discover the next mines of the Québec Province. The Joe Mann Mine area has always been identified for his gold potential such as the Chevrier deposit, the Philibert deposit, the Joe Mann Mine and numerous showings (James Lake, Meston Lake, Norhart Lake, R-14).
Merrill Mine Tailings Copper-Gold Project (Tailback project)
Located immediately adjacent the former producing Campbell Mine, Chib-Kayrand and Merrill copper mines, the Kickoff Project is ideally located to contain along-strike and down-dip extensions of these vein systems
- Consisting of 4 claims, ecompassing the tailings from the former producing Merrill Mine
- Mine tailings have not been reprocessed since the mine's closure, re-processing of mine tailings using modern techniques make this project enticing to placer miners
- Extensive drilling and drill ready pulse EM ground geophysics targets included in the report