Independent board with range of expertise.
Building the sustainable energy storage supply chain.
Partners, consultants memberships
Proven record of operational experience.
Vanadium mining & energy expertise.
Principles of honesty, integrity and ethics.
Disruptive Technology for Energy Storage to Steel Production
Progress of global deployment targeting cashflow and commercialization (Optioning, Licensing, Royalties and more)
Vanadium, Iron and Titanium recovered from Multiple Sources Efficiently and Sustainably
Development VTM Resource with 22.5km Geophysical Footprint
Former Crown Asset With Over 60yrs of Development next to Blackrock Metals Proposed VTM Mine and Concentrator
Copper Gold Exploration Projects and Royalties Available For Option or Sale
The Future of Sustainable Energy
Reusable and Lowest Cost Battery Electrolyte without Carbon
Current Demand and Price for Vanadium
Our latest press releases
Latest Vanadium Industry Developments
Sustainable Energy, Development, and Innovation
Conventional & Emerging Applications
VRB Stock Fundamentals
General Investment Information
Frequently asked Questions and Terminology
Extensive Compendium of most Relevant Research
Corporate Presentations & Global Directory
07:52 22 Aug 2017
This is a further indication of the strength of the vanadium market
Bushveld Minerals Limited (LON:BMN) has agreed with Wogen Resources Limited to retire a US$3 mln prepayment facility that formed part of a wider sales and marketing agreement for Nitrovan, a vanadium product produced by Vametco, a company in which Bushveld now owns a significant stake.
Simultaneously, the existing working capital facility Vametco will increase by same amount from US$6mln to US$9mln.
The US$3mln prepayment financing formed part of the acquisition funding for Bushveld Vametco’s acquisition of the 78.8% interest in Strategic Minerals Corporation from Evraz Group S.A, the previous owner of Vametco. Bushveld owns 45% of Bushveld Vametco, with joint venture partner Yellow Dragon holding the other 55%.
Wogen will continue to market Vametco’s Nitrovan product globally on an exclusive basis, with the exception of Japan and Taiwan which are covered exclusively by Sojitz Noble Alloys Corporation, the minority partner in Strategic Minerals Corporation.
“The retirement of the prepayment facility at such an earlier point than initially anticipated is testament to the quality of Vametco’s operations and the extent to which the vanadium market has strengthened in the past year,” said Fortune Mojapelo, chief executive of Bushveld, in a statement.
“Wogen continues to be a supportive and beneficial partner and its increase in the working capital facility from US$6 to US$9 million we believe demonstrates their confidence in Bushveld Vametco’s strategy and vision going forward.”