Uniquely powered by its own supply chain, XRG® is next generation energy storage technology. Components are both manufactured sustainably and are 100% reusable & recyclable. With the lowest cost and carbon footprint, XRG® intends to revolutionize energy projects, renewable energy and entire power grids. The facility for planned production is now acquired in Rastatt close to Karlsruhe, Germany and construction has commenced. Partnerships locally will provide further product evolution. XRG® is a VanadiumCorp GmbH technology.
Some may call us an Energy Storage Company. We’re not – or – not exactly. Yes, we store energy, are connectable to the grid and provide innovative solutions that enable new applications to build brand new worlds. At XRG® we’re about changing the industry standards, by being one hundred percent sustainable in everything we do. Through collaborating with the best teams in the world XRG® guarantees, safety, responsibility and innovation in all its endeavors.
What are the advantages of Vanadium Redox Flow Batteries?
- VRFBs have a lifespan of 20+ years
- VRFBs offer immediate energy release
- VRFBs are suitable for grid connection or off-grid settings – ideal for renewable energy
- VRFBs can discharge 100%, without any damage to the battery
- VRFBs are non-flammable
- They ensure power and energy can be scaled independently
- Vanadium electrolyte can be re-used and does not need to be disposed of
- The batteries can be cycled more than once per day
- They use only one element in electrolyte – V2O5
- VRFB energy storage guarantees uninterrupted power supply
How does a Vanadium Redox Flow battery (VRFB) work?
- A flow battery is charged and discharged by a reversible reduction-oxidation reaction between the two liquid vanadium electrolytes of the battery
- Unlike conventional batteries, electrolytes are stored in separated storage tanks, not in the power cell of the battery
- During operation these electrolytes are pumped through a stack of power cells, in which an electrochemical reaction takes place and electricity is produced